· How was your week?
· It was very busy.
· What happened?
· There was a training.
· How was your week?
· Not much. But my daughter got sick.
· Oh no! is she okay?
· She has a stomachache.
· I hope she feels better soon.
Los Sentimientos (emotions)
· Daniel is feeling overwhelmed because of his final exams.
· Daniel está abrumado con los exámenes finales.
Enojado/Enfadado: Angry / annoyed.
· I am annoyed with my son.
· I am annoyed with my husband because he put his dirty socks on the carpet.
· What annoys you? (¿Qué te hace enojar?)
____ annoys me.
Flies annoy me.
Rats annoy me. Rats are annoying.
My boss is annoying.
· TV is boring.
· I am bored.
· My work is boring.
Acelerado: excited, hyper
· You look hyper. Sit down, take a deep breath, and relax.
· Te ves acelerado. Siéntate, respira hondo y relájate.
· I am grateful. = I really appreciate ___
· I'm grateful for all the support you've given me.
· Estoy agradecida por todo el apoyo que me has dado.
Enojado = angry, mad
· When do you feel angry?
o when no one does their jobs at home.
o When my house is dirty and messy.
o When my husband comes home late.
o When my boy doesn’t listen to me.
o When I cannot work.
o You are a hard-worker!
o When my dogs eat grass and throw up later
Alegre = happy, pleased
· I am pleased.
Ansioso = anxious
· I am anxious when I try to speak English.
· I am anxious when somebody is sick.
· I am anxious when I go to the immigration office.
· I was anxious when my wife was in labor for twins.
Frustrado = frustrated
· I am frustrated with _____.
· I am frustrated with my son because he does not listen to me.
· I am frustrated with zoom/internet because it does not work.
· I am sometimes frustrated with customers.
· I am frustrated when I try to speak English but I cannot think of the words or people don’t understand me.
Difficult words to pronounce?
Arrepentido = sorry, regretful
Indiferente = indifferent
Asustado = scared, afraid of, frightened,
· I am scared of ______.
· I am scared of rats.
· I am scared of horror movies. (pelicula de terror)
· Horror movies are scary.
· I am scared of snakes.
· I am scared when my family gets sick during this covid.
Inquieto- restless, worried
Avergonzado - embarrassed, ashamed
· I am embarrassed by ______.
· I am embarrassed by my dog when he pees other people’s yards.
1. He looks scared / anxious.
2. He looks scared / surprised.
3. He looks happy / pleased.
4. He looks angry / upset.
5. He looks upset / frustrated.
6. He looks sad.
For our next class!