Class Routines (Rutinas de Clase)
· Tongue Twister
· Review (repaso)
· Phrasal Verbs (el verbo frasal) & Idioms (el modismo)
· Photo description
Tongue Twister (R & L)
· Red lorry, yellow lorry
· A really leery Larry rolls readily to the road
· Rory’s lawn rake rarely rakes really right.
· Better late than never: Better to arrive late than not to come at all
I drive slowly so I don’t get into any accident. Better late than never.
I started my GED class in my 40s. Better late than never.
· Call it a day: Stop working on something
Let’s call it a day (Let’s finish!)
· Hang in there: Don't give up (no te rindas)
How’s your GED math?
It’s difficult, I am hanging in there. (I am trying)
How’s your job?
I am hanging in there. (it is difficult, but I am working hard).
· Time flies!: Time goes fast!
Yesterday I was 27 and today I am 43. Wow, time flies!!
It is already Thursday today, Time flies!
When I am in English class, time flies!
On weekend, I feel like time flies.
When I am on vacation, time flies .
When I am taking a break (I am resting)
When I am watching Netflix
· Under the weather: Sick
I don’t want to feel under the weather.
What’s wrong? You look under the weather.
Phrasal Verbs (los verbos frasal)
ask around: ask many people the same question
I asked around but nobody has seen my wallet.
add up to something: Equal (Sumar)
Your purchases add up to $205.32.
break down: stop functioning (vehicle, machine) (descomponerse)
Our car broke down at the side of the highway in the snowstorm.
break down: get upset (romper a llorar/derrumbarse)
The woman broke down when the police told her that her son had died.
Tree, catholic church, people, streetlight, windows, shadows, sky, fence, street, store,
hacer una frase
· People are walking around the cathedral.
· The sky looks beautiful today.
· There are two stores close to (near) the catholic church.
· There are many people in front of the cathedral.
· The color of the church is orange.
· The cathedral is big.
· There is a person wearing a blue cardigan (sweater, hoodie). = Somebody is wearing a blue sweater.
· There is one tree in front of the church.
· The tree is green.
Bridge, buildings, trees, clouds, river, sky, reflection on the water, shadows, skyscraper (rascacielos), graffiti,
· I see graffiti on the bridge.
· There are many tall buildings.
· The bridge is big.
· The river is beautiful.
· The reflection on the river is orange-color.
· The sunset makes the color of the sky pink. (The sunset turns the sky pink.)
· The river is wide.
· The trees are in the water.
· There are two bridges.
· The buildings are very close to one another. (cramped = estrecho)
· There are so many buildings. The city looks cramped. They look cramped.
· One bridge is for trains and the other is for traffic.